Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Serious Note By A Cartoon

Well, this is funny. My title speaks for itself but it has been 7 minutes and I’m still thinking of the perfect start! There aren’t any gremlins around but still I’m facing this starting problem. It’s always the case. :)

But I guess this much thought does and should go in, if one is making an effort to appreciate someone so special that no matter how well you write, you’re still going to be running short of words that would fit the bill. Such is one person who I know. I will refer to her as….hmmm….Madison! That ok? I’m sure it is.

I met Madison during my engineering days. Prior to that, she was just on the computer screen for me as I had seen her only in pictures. She made me laugh right from that time; from those pictures (less nerd!). Anyways, coming back to engineering days. When I first met Madison, little did I know that I had sown more than the seed of acquaintance? She still had those glasses on, a somewhat similar hairstyle as she had back in school (God she’s going kill me for this!) but then the thing about her that played the “London Statue” game with me was her smile. A smile so lovely, contagious and unmatched that even to this day, she can escape traffic cops in the city! He he… just kidding. Her smile would make anybody’s day. There was no doubt about it. Even to this day, whenever I am on the phone with Madison, I know it when she smiles and even that sends out a positive vibe around. It’s like a superpower! And if you don’t smile when she does, well, look up the telephone directory under “N” – for Nimhans.

As college days went by, I had picked up a few experiences from the road of life and for a while, Madison and I didn’t be a part of each other’s lives. But there came a time when I needed someone to be there due to some complications that happened in my life. I was, as always, clueless and didn’t know where to seek help. And then, out of nowhere, Madison comes back as a blessing. It was then that I started to actually feel her presence and I felt pretty darn good about having her around because she would just take any situation, add that smile of hers, say something sensible and I would feel as right as rain. Madison and I became really close friends during from that time onwards. The only thing I regret about it was us not striking a friendship way back!

Every day I would enter class by around 7.45 in the morning, keep my bag on the last bench and walk out of the class and stand outside my senior’s class. Yes, Madison is my senior, academically (It is quite surprising actually eh Madison?). She would be there before me and would come out of her class and we’d just chit chat about almost anything, even if we had just 5 minutes to spare. I remember one time when we just continued speaking and Madison’s teacher came beside us and just stood there looking at me. She wore the “Well well well, what is going on here?” –look. He he…. The both of us are always talking nonsense. We have cracked stupid jokes over the phone, sang songs in the most awful manner, tested each other’s math to a great extent….oh…the list is endless. She always pulls my leg when it comes to football. She would never support any team that I do; she is always looking for a chance to take my trip. But the best part about all of this is, I enjoy it! Because you never come in the way of something that makes you happy. And Madison makes me happy…very happy.

Now both of us are working and although a lot of time has passed, she and I are still very close to each other. And for me, the biggest reason for this is because she is such a wonderful person to know. Anyone who knows her well will agree with me that it is very easy to be with Madi. Someone who loves life, who lives most of her day in confusion and funny little dilemmas; someone who always believes in beginning and ending anything she has to say with a laugh. Such is Madison. She will fill you up with life and if you already are filled up, then chances are there is going to be an overdose.

I want to write many more things…many more thoughts are coming to my mind…a lot more moments… But since I have not yet mastered the art of beautiful writing, I choose to end this note here (else the first thing I’m going to hear is going to be “Less long it was!” ...Hehehe).

I’m writing this note to just tell Madison what a wonderful person she is and I’m so glad to have met a person like her in my life. It is always hard to find good people in this world and among the zillions that are there; somehow I have managed to stumble upon that person whose presence I always needed. I just didn’t know that I needed it till she came by.

So after a million backspaces and a first half of a football match that I missed, I end this note. Here’s to my best friend, Madison. Less awesome you are! :)